The Bloomingtonian

Cedar Ford covered bridge opens

Eric Peden, 7-years-old, tosses a baseball as community members gather before the ribbon cutting at the Cedar Ford Covered Bridge crossing Beanblossom Creek on Old Maple Grove Road at “Millikan’s Ford,” Sunday, June 9, 2019 in Washington, Indiana Township. The bridge was first constructed in 1885 by the Kennedy Brothers, and reconstructed in 2019 to replace the Millikan Bridge (later called the Williams Bridge) that was destroyed by arson in 1976. The bridge was originally located in Shelby County but was dismantled in the mid 1970s. The bridge is the only covered bridge in Monroe County, which once had 14 covered bridges. (Photo by Jeremy Hogan/The Bloomingtonian)

Rate this post

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 6

Liked it? Take a second to support The Bloomingtonian on Patreon!