FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Chamber Receives Generous PPE Donation from Cook Medical for Community Distribution
Bloomington, IN – May 28, 2020 – The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce received a donation on behalf of the community this week from Cook Medical who donated 84,000 face masks and 180 gallon-sized bottles of hand sanitizer to be distributed to the local business community. The Chamber will be storing the supplies and distributing them to businesses and organizations through the community.
“The Chamber staff is grateful to Cook Medical for this donation of necessary supplies to help get our city and county back to business while keeping our community safe and healthy,” said Erin Predmore, the Chamber’s President & CEO. “We have been working hard to support our business community in any way we can during this time of crisis, and we are happy to be able to help now in this way by distributing PPE and supplies to the businesses and organizations who need it most.”
The Chamber has started taking requests and distributing the supplies to businesses and organizations in the community who are in need. These supplies are being distributed on a first come, first serve basis and are intended only for businesses and organizations, not individuals. You do not have to be a Chamber member to request PPE. All businesses that are either a member of the Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce or that are located in Bloomington or Monroe County are eligible to request PPE.
To request PPE:
- Visit chamberbloomington.org/getPPE.
- Click the “Get PPE” button and fill out the form.
- Face Masks: up to 100 masks per week per business/organization
- Hand Sanitizer: 1 gallon-sized bottle per business/organization
- Have a credit card ready to pay the $5.00 handling fee.
- A Chamber staff member will reach out with pick-up information, including a pick-up time.
- You will be able to pick up your PPE at the entrance of the Chamber office during your designated time. This will be a contact-less pick-up process. The Chamber office is located at the corner of 6th Street and Rogers Street.
The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce will continue to update the community on the amount of supplies available moving forward.