The following press release was sent to the Bloomingtonian Tuesday:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Graduate and Professional Student Government (GPSG) General Assembly convened on
Friday, September 23 for its first meeting of the academic year. The assembly voted on five
items, all of which passed overwhelmingly:
- In a resolution, the GPSG formally recognized the Indiana Graduate Workers Coalition –
United Electrical Workers (IGWC-UE) as the union representing Student Academic
Appointees on campus.
- In an amendment to the Constitution, the GPSG created an IGWC-UE representative
position on the GPSG Executive Committee.
- In an amendment to the GPSG by-laws, the GPSG allotted GPSG seats on committees
relevant to SAAs to the IGWC-UE.
- In an amendment to the GPSG by-laws, the GPSG allowed amendments to previous
- In an amendment to last April 27’s resolution, the GPSG approved rejoining bodies of
shared governance on campus.
Following the meeting, GPSG President Chelsea Brinda communicated the results of the vote in
a letter to constituents.
The GPSG is the official university-sponsored student government for all graduate and
professional students across all Indiana University-Bloomington schools and departments. GPSG
serves over 10,000 graduate and professional students at IU-Bloomington by providing
advocacy, academic support, community building, and access to resources.
Communications Coordinator, Graduate & Professional Student Government
[email protected] | 812-855-8747 | Wells Library, East Tower 544G