The Indiana University men’s soccer team will play Rutgers for the Big Ten Tournament Final at noon. The match can be seen at the following link: foxsports.com/live
Here are more details from IU Athletics:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 12, 2022
Indiana Men’s Soccer
Indiana Men’s Soccer Seeks 33rd Big Ten Title Sunday
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Playing in its sixth consecutive Big Ten Tournament final, Indiana men’s soccer (10-3-6, 3-1-4 B1G) will play for its 33rd conference championship and 16th Big Ten Tournament title on Sunday (Nov. 13). The No. 4-seeded Hoosiers will have to go through No. 2 Rutgers, which is playing and hosting its first Big Ten final on Yurcak Field.
The match will be televised on Big Ten Network with kickoff set for noon ET. Fans can also stream the match at foxsports.com/live.
SETTING THE SCENE
• Indiana will play in the Big Ten Tournament championship match for a sixth consecutive season. In the previous five, IU is 3-2 and won three straight Big Ten Championship doubles between 2018-20.
• IU has won 32 Big Ten Championships and 15 Big Ten Tournament titles all-time.
• The Hoosiers are unbeaten in their last five matches.
• Rutgers senior MD Myers and IU redshirt senior Ryan Wittenbrink lead the Big Ten in points, with 31 and 23, respectively. Myers is the league’s top scorer, amassing 13 goals on the season, while Wittenbrink has been a dynamo for IU as the Big Ten’s only player with at least eight goals and seven assists this season.
• Wittenbrink has tallied a goal contribution in each of his last four matches played (two goals, two assists).
ABOUT THE SCARLET KNIGHTS
• Rutgers comes into the match with a 9-4-6 record and a 4-2-2 mark in Big Ten Conference play. Its last result was a 2-1 win over Ohio State in the Big Ten Tournament semifinals after eliminating Wisconsin via penalty kicks in the quarterfinal round.
• The Scarlet Knights are led by fourth-year head coach Jim McElderry, who has compiled a 29-22-11 record at Rutgers and a 156-147-58 career record over 19 seasons as a head coach.
• Four Scarlet Knights have tallied double-digit points this season, led by senior MD Myers’ league-leading 31 from 13 goals and five assists. Junior midfielder Jason Bouregy leads the team in assists, with eight.
• Indiana holds a heavy advantage in the all-time series with an 11-2-4 record versus Rutgers.
• IU and Rutgers met in the Big Ten Tournament for the first time in 2021, a 1-0 quarterfinal win for the Hoosiers via a first-half goal from Samuel Sarver.
• During the regular season, the two teams played to a 2-2 draw in Piscataway. Sophomore forward Tommy Mihalic and redshirt senior defender Daniel Munie both scored for the Hoosiers.
• Munie has tallied a goal contribution in three straight matches against the Scarlet Knights, recording two goals and one assist against Rutgers over the last two seasons.