The following press release was sent to the Bloomingtonian:
For immediate release: November 22, 2022
Black Friday means free admission to DNR properties, maybe prizes
Is “free” one of your favorite words?
Then you’ll want to “opt outside” by visiting a DNR property on Black Friday, Nov. 25, because you and anyone in your vehicle will get in free that day.
To enjoy Black Friday even more, you can enter into drawings for DNR annual passes, lake permits, Outdoor Indiana magazine subscriptions, Smokey Bear materials, gift cards, and DNR staff-led outdoor experiences by doing one, two, or all three of the following to increase your chances of winning.
- Share photos of your DNR visit on DNR social media using #OptOutsideIN2022. DNR properties you can visit to participate include state parks, forests, state-managed reservoirs, fish & wildlife areas, nature preserves, and off-road state recreation areas. See additional details at on.IN.gov/optoutside. Social media sites for posting include:
- Indiana State Parks Facebook: facebook.com/INdnrstateparksandreservoirs
- Indiana State Parks Twitter: https://twitter.com/INDNRstateparks
- Indiana Fish & Wildlife Facebook: facebook.com/INfishandwildlife
- Indiana Fish & Wildlife Twitter: https://twitter.com/INFishWildlife
- Indiana DNR Facebook: facebook.com/INdnr
- Indiana DNR Instagram: instagram.com/indianadnr
- Indiana DNR Twitter: https://twitter.com/INdnrnews
- Download and complete the Opt Outside Scavenger Hunt at on.IN.gov/optoutsideat the DNR property you visit, then email it to [email protected] to be entered in a separate drawing for prizes.
- Check in at any DNR property listed at visitindiana.com/explore with the Indiana State Nature Passport,and/or complete the Opt Outside Scavenger Hunt and enter the scavenger hunt’s PIN to be entered into a drawing for a 2023 Annual Entrance Pass and an Outdoor Indiana subscription. The PIN will be posted in the same place as each property’s usual Nature Passport PIN.
“Being able to spend time outdoors at one of your DNR properties any time helps make you a winner, but we are glad to waive the admission fee and offer these great prizes to add to your outdoor experience when you opt outside on Black Friday this year,” said DNR Director Dan Bortner.
New this year, you have the chance to win a prize package valued at nearly $360 that includes nearly everything you need for a great picnic, ideally at a DNR property. Enter through Nov. 26 by signing up on.IN.gov/optoutside to receive the Indiana Natural Resources Foundation e-newsletter.
Winners will be notified via social media and posted online at on.IN.gov/optoutside by Dec. 16.
To view all statewide DNR news releases, please see dnr.IN.gov.