A house in the 3100 block of South Fairington Drive was damaged by a fire Wednesday morning, according to the Monroe Fire Protection District. There were no injuries.
The MFD sent the following press release Wednesday afternoon:
“House Damaged by Fire
Thursday March 29th, 2023 – Monroe Fire Protection District responded to the 3100 block of Fairington Dr for a structure fire.
MFD units were dispatched to the 3100 block of Fairington Dr around 11am this morning for a structure fire. Engine 29 arrived on scene reporting smoke coming from the residence. Firefighters made entry into the home and located heavy fire in the kitchen area. While firefighters worked to extinguish the fire, additional crews searched the home for any occupants.
Thankfully all occupants had already safely exited the structure prior to the firefighters’ arrival. Once the fire was knocked down crews began salvage and overhaul operations. During this time firefighters had to pull large portions of the ceiling down to extinguish hot spots in the attic that spread from the fire in the kitchen.
The homeowners were home at the time of the fire and reported seeing smoke inside the residence before spotting flames in the kitchen area and leaving the house to call 911.
The cause of the fire was ruled accidental due to an electrical failure and no injuries were reported. Engines 29, 22, 39, Ladder 25, and Battalions 22, 29, responded to the fire. Additional assistance on scene provided by IU Lifeline Ambulance, and Duke Energy.
Rate this post
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4.3 / 5. Vote count: 12
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
Liked it? Take a second to support The Bloomingtonian on Patreon!